Along with all the new and improved things Windows 10 had and has come, it has also brought some irritating problems for the user. One of these frustrating problems is Windows 10 flashing screen. In the following article, there have been mentioned 5 best methods to deal with this problem like a professional. But before knowing those 5 methods people should know about the basic causes for the Windows 10 screen flashing on and off.
Part 1. Basic Check for the Causes of Windows 10 Flashing Screen
Part 2. How to Fix Screen Flickering on Windows 10
To figure out the reason behind the problem of screen flashing Windows 10 task manager can be useful. For assessing the reasons follow the following steps as mentioned –
1. Launch the task manager by making a right click on the taskbar, then click on the “Task Manager” option. It can also be launched from the keyboard itself by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
2. Then keep an eye on the monitor and check whether the screen is flickering or not.
There are other reasons also except for these two. The top 5 methods of correcting this method are –
1. Disable Antivirus Software: some third party antivirus software is found to be creating this problem in the PCs sometimes. Therefore disabling them may be the solution needed.
2. Update or uninstall Incompatible Application: If the reason for screen flickering turns out to be incompatible application then the two possible ways to tackle this are either uninstall the application or check for an updated version of the application which can be compatible with the PC.
For uninstalling the incompatible application follow the below mentioned steps –
3. Use a Higher Monitor Refresh Rate: sometime monitor refresh rate also causes the flashing of the screen. Follow these steps to make it right –
4. Disable Windows Services: Some windows services such as Windows error reporting services also raises the flickering issues of Windows 10. To disable them follow the below mentioned steps –
This should solve the problem of flickering screen but if it doesn’t then move on to next method.
5. Update the Display Driver: if the diagnosis via task manager results in fault of graphic or rather displays drivers then this can be sorted out by simply updating the same. Although the process is easier said than done. The update of graphic or display drivers are three fold. First one is to make the PC enter safe mode, then the second one is to uninstall the display drivers, and the third one is for re-installing the display drivers.
a. Entering safe mode –
b. Uninstalling the graphic card driver –
c. Re-install the graphic drivers –
Windows update is best suited for providing the compatible software, but they are not as good for providing the latest versions. For acquiring so, user should try to download the drivers directly from the manufacturer’s website.
Sometimes your screen keeps flashing constantly or even gets crashed and won’t boot. In this case you need a professional tool to fix your computer. Fortunately there is 4WinKey booting software named as Windows Boot Genius to fix all booting issues including computer crashes, blue screen, random restarts, can't boot, and other Windows booting problems.Buy Now($19.95)
Copyright © 2007-2021 4WinKey.